Last week we finished the second season of our talk show Cellar Talks with some great guest. We learned from great wineries like Weingut Wittmann, Domaine La Solitude, Weingut Von Winning and Mosi Wines. But we also listened to inspiring professionals like USA expert Kristy Wenz and renowned Sommelier and South Africa expert Pardon Taguzu.
Now it is time to move forward and talk about what is coming next, because we have got news for you!
Cellar Talks continues with a brand new season, season 3. We have created another great line-up which will bring us to Austria, Italy, Portugal, Spain, New Zealand and Germany. Below you will find a short introduction per guest and the topics we will discuss. The first edition of the show (featuring Weingut Polz) will be on the 2nd of April 19:30h CET (via Instagram Live on our DWA account).
Sud Steiermark, Austria
Jorche Antica Masseria
Bodega Cesar Principe
|Wine Region: |
Line-up for Cellar Talks Season 3
A short description of our guests:
- Weingut Polz. A traditional and highly regarded family winery from the Sud Steiermark region in Austria. Erich Polz Jr will join us to talk about this beautiful region and their great wines. They are famous for their Sauvignon Blancs, which are taking the world by storm, but also produce other great white and red wines.
- Jorche Winery. Two sisters (Dalila and Emanuela) are running a great winery in the South of Italy. In the Puglia region (near Salento) they produce great wines amongst which iconic Primitivo and Negramaro wines. We will learn all about their great reds and much more.
- Reynolds Wines. Portugal has a long history in winemaking, but Portugese wines are finding their way to other countries increasingly as they continue to improve. Reynolds has shown to be capable of producing excellent wines. In the Alentejo region they are growing fast and have a wide selection of wines, mainly made from indigenous grapes. Carlos Reynolds is going to tell us all about these gems!
- Bodega Cesar Principe. In a region famous for rose wines this winery is doing things differently. The small appellation of Cigales hosts a great bodega, the one from Cesar Principe. Already know and highly regarded in Spain but soon in other countries as well! Juan Principe (the next generation in the company) will tell us all about their great vineyards and red (!) wines.
- New Zealand. The New World, great nature and excellent wines! Although most people aren’t that familiar with the wine history and characteristics of this country a lot of people know that they make great Sauvignon Blanc’s! But there is a lot more to this country. Join us while we discuss this with NZ expert Inna Udartzeva. We will talk about the regions, terroir, wines and the New Zealand wine industry.
- Germany. A country of great wines, both white as well as red. Everyone knows their riesling but there is so much more to discover has the country and it’s wine regions are so diverse! Romana Echensperger is a Master of Wine and the right person to take us on a tour through Germany, which will be both educative as well as fun!
Soon more on all the guests but write down all the dates and be sure you do not miss out on your favs!
We will be broadcasting on Instagram Live, always on Friday night at 19:30h CET, for instructions on how to join us click here.
All shows are recorded and can also be watched on our IGTV channel (also accessible through our instagram profile). If you did not have a chance to tune in for season 2 (or 1) you can watch the recordings through this link. We are also converting all previous episodes into Podcasts, more information and links to that can be found here.